Construction / tuning:
As usual with Multiplex the box contained all parts
well secured in a foam holder. Nothing was
damaged or dearranged.
As RC equipment I used the same stuff that I had in the Yoda - so no
further investment was needed.
As the manual describes all steps in details - I will only add here what
here I drilled additional holes for adding enough cooling to the engine.
in order to provide steering during winter season flights indoors I glued
a micro wheel on a 1,5 mm steel rod fixed to a piece of plywood into
the rudder fin.
Finally I provided some colour scheme to the plane beside the usual
sticker job. As paint I used a metallic coloured spray (usually for cars)
for the red parts - and a blue OraStick foil for the rudder. The canopy
was painted with a water colour from the hardware store.
And finally - after checking all RC functionality I gave to the plane a
bright red spinner!
Apply all decals before fixing the wing to the fuselage - this makes it
much more easier, then holding the entire plane when applying the
First flight was completed on a Saturday afternoon - sunny and great
conditions. NO issues with the first one. After reaching some safety
altitude the obligatory testing started. A few clicks here and there and
the plane flew straight.
However the following two flights where I ask my wife to do the filming
did not work out (see film). At the end the issue was an aileron flap (the
right one) that came of the hinges. Actually I felt lucky that I did not
loose it during the flight. A broken prop prevented further flights. But
surely I will find the right time to do some better filming again.
|Other videos you will find here!