Construction / tuning:
I bought this plane a few months back (spring 2010) and it rested to be
build in the box. Now there was a terrible rainy weekend and some
time was left (mainly during late evenings and early mornings - so I
managed to start the building process.
The box contains all parts except motor, controller and all rc equipment.
The foam (deporn) was of very good quality and pre-painted.
The assembly of the plane was quick (two evenings of 3 hours each).
However, I did do some modifications:
- a brushless outrunner (28 dia, 150 Watt, 1200 rpm/v) instead of the
stock brushed 300 motor (on supplied gearbox)
- 2-cell lipo battery (vs. NIMH cells)
- steerable tail wheel for better ground handling
- location of the receiver (as per instruction in the back of the firewall
jointly with the BEC) due to balancing. I made from Depron a holder for
the receiver after the canopy - like that the plane balanced perfectly.
- and last but not least I created a pilot by copying the supplied decals
onto a piece of foam which I coloured with permanent marker pen!
Here some detailed photos of the changes/assembly:
I followed the instruction manual which was almost complete however
the text omitted the fixing of the tail wheel. The drawings were complete.
Throws and C.G. was equally set up as per manual.
First flight completed: a small little plane for fun! Cool the 1 m loopings
or 1 m turns you can fly with the Teddy Bear.
During the first flight the plane needed additional trim down. So I
moved the GC by 5 mm to the back (by shifting the battery position) -
perfect. The second and third flight were fun and I enjoyed this plane
completely. However: the landing gear is nothing for our "field" already
at the second landing it gave away, so possibly I will need to improve
its fixing in the fuselage!
Flight time with the specified accumulator as above: 6 minutes - pure
Update: July 2010
During an early morning flight which was taped I steared the little
T-bear through the rising sun and over my head... yeah... a crash
followed due to temporary blindness and loss of control! I acted like a
beginner, but... this was the first crash that I recorded live!
Total front part of plane came off, but a 5-min 2 component glue and a
few 1 mm CFK rods fixed the plane back together. The next day I went
flying again and the Teddy flew as usual!
|All rights reserved by rcskyliner.com and its owner!
|Other videos you will find here!